HopeMatch is a local charity serving those who are unseen and underserved in the Greater Charlotte, North Carolina area. We started as a Christmas program, but have grown into much more. While our Christmas program of matching local families in need with people who want to provide personalized Christmas gifts and encouragement to their neighbor is still the heart of what we do, we have expanded our services to address the growing needs of the families we serve. Throughout the year, you will find multiple ways to give financially and volunteer, all while making a lasting difference in your community.
Everything we do at HopeMatch is personalized and geared toward what the families need and what will make a lasting difference in their lives. We believe in not just giving a hand out, but a “Hand Up.” We consider it an honor to bless people in our community who often do not qualify for government assistance, but are trying really hard to make life work. Here is how our program works:
- Referral Process: Members of the community (friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc) refer someone they know who needs help with Christmas through our website the month of November. Families cannot refer themselves to our program.
- Screening: Each referral is carefully screened and families are chosen based on need and the donors that come forward to help. We call the families we choose and offer the sponsorship. Many families are surprised and blown away that someone thought to refer them.
- Matching: Donors contact us and indicate that they want to help. We either match them with a family that they shop for, or they donate money to sponsor a family and our volunteers do the shopping.
- Wrapping/Delivery: Each gift is wrapped, labeled and delivered before Christmas to the families we serve.
- Follow Up: Families are contacted after the first of the year to find out what they are most in need of throughout the year. With this information, HopeMatch Board plans the events that will meet those needs throughout the year. This year we are hosting a Financial Solutions Seminar, Women’s Spa Day, Back to School Fun Day, and Give Back Event.
- Paying it Forward: Families that were helped the previous year are invited to our Give Back event to wrap presents for the new families that will be helped the following season. It’s their way of “paying it forward” and helping their experience with HopeMatch come full circle!
NOTE: HopeMatch is a 501(C)3 non-profit ministry. All monetary or gift donations are tax deductible. We appreciate your generosity!
Please feel free to explore the site and learn how you can become involved.
Thank you for your interest in and support of HopeMatch.